Saturday, June 1, 2013

Exploring Jewelry: The forest for the trees

So, you ever hear the phrase "Can't see the forest for the trees"? It basically means that you are so focused on the individual that you can't see the whole. Today we are going to explore the opposite - combining many little things to make one big whole.

exploring_jewelry_1a

I came across this necklace laying on a friends desk. I have no idea where she got it, so I don't know if it is commercially made or hand made. I noticed right off what appeared to be links of mesh chain between the pearls. But then I looked closer.

20130601_195843_LLS.jpg

It wasn't chain at all! It was tiny daisy spacers strung in a series. What would barely be noticed individually had a wonderful presence as a bunch! I love this as it reminds me of making ropes with seedbeads (I do love my seeds!)where unless you look close you can't tell it's individual beads.

I did find one drawback to this technique. Tiny beads are easy to get hair tangled up in.

exploring jewelry 1c

Still, something to thing about...
Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...